This year the Achievement Awards Ceremony will
be on October 30th from 4:30 to 5:30 in 6137 McKeldin Library
(The Special Events Room)
Disability Achievement Awards
The awards may be given to a group or individual who has made
significant contributions to improve the quality of life for persons with disabilities here at the University of Maryland's College Park Campus.
Historically, there are three awards:
Some examples of the kind of contributions we would like to recognize
- Faculty Disability Achievement Award,
- John W. King Staff Disability
- and Student Disability Achievement Award.
- A person or group who takes extra steps to ensure physical or
academic accessibility for all students.
- A person or group who initiates a program intended to improve the
quality of life for persons with disabilities.
- A person or group who actively promotes awareness of disability
Of course, this list only offers a few suggestions; you may think of
other contributions as well. The
contribution could be something which improves conditions for
the entire population of persons with
disabilities on campus, or it may affect only a few people.
The Deadline for Nominations this year is September 30th, 2008.
The President's Commission on Disability Issues Annual Awards Program
seeks annual nominations. For more information, contact the
Commission Chair, Gay Gullickson, at email@example.com.
Printable PCDI Award Nomination Form
Online PCDI Award Nomination Form
Past Award Recipients
2006 Award Recipients
1998-2004 Award Recipients