University of Maryland, College Park Policy and Procedures Concerning Telephone Billing
X-3.01(A) UMCP POLICY AND PROCEDURES CONCERNING TELEPHONE BILLING
APPROVED BY THE PRESIDENT 1 AUGUST 1991
Costs for equipment, service and calls shall be charged back to using departments. Detailed billing information shall be sent to each using department on a monthly basis. The billing information shall include equipment rental charges, local and long distance telephone calls, line charges, and one time service charges. Each department shall review all long distance charges each month and request reimbursement from users for non-business calls.
- Procedures for Investigation of Long Distance Charges
- If an investigation of a charge is desired, the requesting department should send a copy of the Toll Detail Report, together with a memorandum requesting an investigation to the Department of Communications Services, Business Office, building 010.
- The calls to be investigated should be circled.
- Requests for an investigation must be made within 90 days from the billing date to be considered for a credit by the telephone company.
- A report of the findings will be mailed to the requestor.